Posted on : August 27, 2016
Views : 66
Category : Startup
Ardy Daie, Talent Operating Partner, Khosla Ventures says that CEO’s and founders need to be involved in the recruitment process. At the moment there is a severe shortage of good engineering talent and candidates are becoming more sophisticated in choosing employers.
- As a result, candidate engagement is saturated (recruiters calling people, LinkedIn). Therefore, recruiting should focus on a company’s vision and mission. Job descriptions should uniquely represent your company. Great engineers want difficult challenges in great companies. Every employee is a recruiter.
- Follow the 2 P’s of engagement strategy (Personalization and Persistence). Employee engagement is essential (increases referrals, signals vision, increases ROI of talent, strengthens branding…).
- Branding: Communication expresses who you are as a company
- Going to talent: Hang out where talent hangs out
- Cast a wide net: Go outside your local network
- Culture-matching: Find the candidates who match your requirements and fit your culture, your team
- Teams: When you’re building a team, think in terms of balancing not only technical skills and talents, but also personal characteristics
- Retaining talent: Employee retention is an essential ingredient