Posted on : October 3, 2017
Views : 3
Category : Technology
David Cearley (Gartner Fellow) and The Gartner Strategic Technology Trends. Artificial intelligence, immersive experiences, digital twins, event-thinking and continuous adaptive security create a foundation for the next generation of digital business models and ecosystems.
- AI and Advanced Machine Learning: Artificial intelligence (AI) and advanced machine learning (ML) are composed of many technologies and techniques (e.g., deep learning, neural networks, natural-language processing [NLP]).
- Intelligent Apps: Intelligent apps such as VPAs perform some of the functions of a human assistant making everyday tasks easier (by prioritizing emails, for example), and its users more effective (by highlighting the most important content and interactions).
- Intelligent Things: Intelligent things refer to physical things that go beyond the execution of rigid programing models to exploit applied AI and machine learning to deliver advanced behaviors and interact more naturally with their surroundings and with people. As intelligent things, such as drones, autonomous vehicles and smart appliances, permeate the environment
- Virtual and Augmented Reality: Immersive technologies, such as virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR), transform the way individuals interact with one another and with software systems.
- Digital Twin : A digital twin is a dynamic software model of a physical thing or system that relies on sensor data to understand its state, respond to changes, improve operations and add value.
- Blockchain and Distributed Ledgers: Blockchain is a type of distributed ledger in which value exchange transactions (in bitcoin or other tokens) are sequentially grouped into blocks.
- Conversational System: The current focus for conversational interfaces is focused on chatbots and microphone-enabled devices (e.g., speakers smartphones, tablets, PCs, automobiles).
- Mesh App and Service Architecture: In the mesh app and service architecture (MASA), mobile apps, web apps, desktop apps and IoT apps link to a broad mesh of back-end services to create what users view as an “application.”
- Digital Technology Platforms: Digital technology platforms provide the basic building blocks for a digital business and are a critical enabler to become a digital business.
- Adaptive Security Architecture: The intelligent digital mesh and related digital technology platforms and application architectures create an ever-more-complex world for security.